Read Random Post

Saturday 23 October 2010

Neutral Facial Expression

Set me a linear task and watch how fast I don't do it. I have been in the library for hours.



Rebecca Wigmore, 23rd October 2010, UEA library, Floor 2 Carrel.

This is my Tao Lin tribute picture.
My face is perfectly neutral.
The cardigan is from Primark, the broach was my grandmother's and the vest was free off a magazine.
All I see is my pronounced chin Chloasma.
According to wikipedia, cholasma is 'the mask of pregnancy'
Worst superhero ever.

Tao Lin is big with neutral facial expressions. I got my new copy of Richard Yates last night, with its pleasingly vaginal cover and on p8, the big themes already the big themes are in place:

"Dakota Fanning said in real life she didn't make any faces. She just let her muscles make what they make naturally and every day people said 'You look sad, stop it. You don't have the right to be sad. I'm sad. My parents are divorced. Say something funny."
(Richard Yates by Tao Lin, Melville House, New York, 2010, p8)

If I turn out to be pregnant I'm going straight to UEA Medical Centre and regain my secret identity.

0 comments: